Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 8 September 2010

8th September

I was going to put something on earlier but found that starting a blog was one thing - finding out how to get back onto it was another (thanks Francesca - what would I do without you?) THEN I forgot my password and locked myself out. Anyway - I found my way back and here we are.
We met Jim at the boat show and discovered that the boat is still not up with him as he was finishing off the last one - by all accounts it should be there by now but I'm not holding my breath.
We did important things like ordering the settee, and buying Paddy a lifejacket. If I can work out how to do it I'll add a picture of him in it!
We are still hoping for a completion date of end of November and we reckon we will be in the marina as planned for Christmas - I told Jim that if the boat wasn't ready then we would go up there and have Christmas in his shed. He didn't seem as fazed by that as I might have hoped.
The boat he was showing up there was lovely - if anyone wants to see the boats he produces there is a gallery of them on Sabre Narrowboat web site - worth a look if you have time.
So all in all not a lot of progress but a great time was had at the show and we feel that step nearer - now it's September and the weather is becoming autumnal we are getting quite keyed up for getting on board but life in the van is still good and we are not missing a house at all suprisingly. After living for months in a 22'6" van the 62' boat will be HUGE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment