Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Tuesday 19 April 2011

19th April '11

At last a decent internet connection!

I am currently awaiting John and Darren to return from the pub and I have a chille bubbling away!

A good day - we left Ditchford Lock at 8 this morning and have travelled non-stop (apart from locks, emptying toilet tank and filling water tank) until our arrival here a bit after 6.30pm. The weather has been gorgeous and I can't ever think that I've spent over 8 hours sat in the sun before - I must be getting toughened to it as nothing hurts as yet!

We have been through about 17 locks today and travelled 22 km (however long that is in English money). It made it much easier travelling together as Darren and John did all the locks and we devised a very efficient system with ropes and suchlike that John and I will probably continue to use.

We are now in Northampton - which we should recognise from Robert having been to university here but as yet nothing seems familiar - mind you we have never arrived by river before!

Paddy has coped with the day very well considering that he was stuck on the back of the boat in his life-jacket most of the day! I gave him a quick walk when I could at the locks and he has been so very good! He got too fed up to bark at anything and didn't object to Darren sharing our locks - the only thing he barked at was some sheep and that was my fault for baaing at them - doesn't everyone talk sheep????

Before the men arrive I want to put some pictures on so will write at greater lenght tomorrow or soon at least!




John and Paddy sunbathing at Ditchford Lock


A red kite - I know it's a bit far away but you wouldn't believe how many tries I had to get this!



A rather lovely sunset from the boat at Ditchford Lock - we had some amazing weather while we were there.



Leaving Ditchford at 8am!



Coming toward Northampton - it was like being on a huge lake - that's Darren's boat in the distance - the Nuggy B (don't ask - noone has a clue) it's a plastic pig so I have sort of re-named it Flora - plastic pig = plastic container = margarine tub = Flora. Sorry Darren - no offense!

Just in case anyone read the first bit and is concerned that I'm becoming all female and subservient - I went to the pub as well and now I'm back at the boat rapidly consuming a bottle of red!

Tomorrow's another day........

No comments:

Post a Comment