Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Saturday 10 August 2013

10th August '13

First a very big Happy Birthday to Jan, a very good friend who I've forgotten to send a card to but who has read my blog EVERY DAY. I feel really bad and thought a public apology would go some way towards making me feel better even if it still means she doesn't have a card!

We've settled back into marina life and have had a very busy week. John has been painting and polishing the boat to get rid of the effects of the cruise, and we have been getting the motor-home sorted out as we'll be off in it next week.

We had a day out on Wednesday, taking the cratch cover to be repaired.


We went back to Shebdon Wharf where they repaired the one zip last year, this year they replaced the other three! as well as patching it up beautifully. I wish we'd known about them before we had our pram cover made as they could have done it a lot cheaper. Oh well, we live and learn. It was funny to drive over to the Shropshire  Canal- it took us about an hour! We had a long walk along it to the old Cadbury Wharf and then drove over to Norbury Junction for lunch.



We were sat at the Junction Inn and it was busy over at the cafe as well as on our side. We both went for the 'small' pie and chips! Well all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't attempt a large one. This was huge and lovely. A proper home-made pie, bursting with steak, delicious.

I have also had a shopping expedition with Francesca to buy myself a dress for Tanya's wedding next Saturday. I will ensure that a picture goes on with me wearing it next week as I feel like a million dollars in it, John is very impressed and it shows off my weight loss beautifully. This is me liking myself! Wow!

I've also been back to 2 knitting groups this week, which was lovely, I have a lot to do between now and Christmas! I need to focus.

We have 2 of the grandsons visiting next week, so I'll try and add something before we set off for the SW to go to the wedding, otherwise it will be from the motorhome, somewhere.......

No comments:

Post a Comment