Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 5 August 2015

5th August '15

photos from yesterday...


The top of Napton Locks, the wind is whistling around the corner and the ripples on the water don't look half as bad as they were! Honestly. We'd got to the head of the queue here and were just waiting for a boat to come through.

 


Chronologically this should have come first. AT the summit we'd spotted this on the way down, but at the time I couldn't add pictures to the blog but now in all it's glory is a boat in it's own rather large puddle. We can't work out what's happening with it. Strangely enough just before we got to it there was a sign by the field that said moorings available....not if they're like this thank you very much!


These are the water buffalo grazing about half way down the locks. They don't look at all like the ones I saw in Africa but apparently there are different types. In any case I can say unequivocally that they taste delicious! The burgers were worth every penny. There are still 2 in the freezer and I'm looking forward to having them in the not too distant future.


Staying with the animal theme, here's one of the Highland cattle that we saw on our way up to the windmill. Such lovely animals, although I wouldn't want to be in a field with them......mind you I don't want to be in a field with ANY cow. I'm a bit of a wuss.


Here's the windmill from the top of the hill. There were amazing views around the whole 360 degrees. I don't know if I mentioned yesterday that you can see 7 counties from here, I'm not sure which ones they are but it's pretty impressive all the same.


Also at the top of the hill was a plaque showing where a former WWII observation post was. In case you can't see the details it says that people were able to see the blitz on Coventry from here. It certainly was an ideal spot for it as the horizons are a long way away.


This is just one of the views from a bit further down the hill, looking roughly south I think.

Last night I couldn't sleep and so got up and did some writing (I'm trying to put a book together) and stupidly I sat on the settee with the computer on my lap. It wasn't until I went to move that I realised I'd locked my back, so I spent the rest of the night in agony.
It's not that brilliant today so we haven't done too much, just come to Braunston and are now moored on the North Oxford.

We've just had a shower of rain but are tucked up cosy inside and don't care, as long as it stops by the morning!


As we were leaving Napton I got this shot of the windmill from the canal, it doesn't look that high, but having climbed up to it, I promise you it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment