Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Friday 28 January 2011

26th January '11

Very exciting day as we took all our possessions (apart from stuff needed on van) up to Manchester and stored it all in the boat shed awaiting completion of the boat!!!

Lots seem to have been done in the 10 days or so since we last saw it and Jim still assures me that we will be on it in time to sail to the wedding. I do hope so...

Apparently I don't have enough whatever I need on my dongle to download pictures at present, which is frustrating! Hopefully I can add them soon but in the meantime....

The painting has started - undercoat is looking good and the windows are in situ - the brass on the dark green looks really smart as we knew it would!

Inside the woodwork has started to be varnished so it looks a lot less 'raw' and more like a narrowboat! My office space is completed and looks great - they have done a really lovely job and all I have to do is to find a comfy chair!

All the doors are made and being varnished before going in and the oak trim was arriving the next day so that could start to be fitted.

Johns pride and joy - the engine - was next to the boat, in it's box - all green and shiny - and was going to be fitted the next day and the gas system is about to be installed!

Although there is still a lot to do - everything seems to be there and just waiting to be done - Jim says that it all comes together very suddenly at the end. Please let him be right!

We have said almost all our goodbyes now and are going to move 'up north' on Sunday 6th. so that we can be nearer the boat for final tweaks - such as the sign-writer. We shall probably have another visit very shortly after moving up and I HOPE that I have a strong enough connection to add the pictures either then or earlier if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment