Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Monday 15 October 2012

15th Oct.'12

We've been back a week and John has already covered the bumps and bruises from the cruise! There were quite a few - oops. I feel responsible for quite a few of them from the Llangollen locks, but there again I can't be blamed for all of them.

Paddy has had a bath and is ready for his stay at the kennels while we are off in Crete for a week. I am all packed and ready and John is aware that he's going! He's printed off details of all the buses we'll need to get from the airport to the resort - I just hope that the bus signs are not in Greek since I have a distinct feeling that they don't use our alphabet! This may well be the last holiday we have from the timeshare, as I think it's time to let it go - if anyone's interested let me know!

John has just had a lovely pack from Mikron (the canal theatre group) as he won a goody bag in their raffle. We are currently listening to the CD, and very nice it is too. There were other bits and pieces as well so altogether a rather nice prize. The tea-towel had a picture of Caroline on it, she's our Chloe's best friend and has performed with them this year! It's a bit strange seeing her there - I'm not sure I'll be able to use it.

We've seen our little Nellie! who is not so little now - we saw a boat coming home called Nelly Rose - I took pictures but not sure where they are - on the phone and for some reason they haven't downloaded.


Here's our little tiger at 6 months!

Blogs are strange things I've discovered - I thought I had a pretty good idea of who was reading it but it turns out that Kev and Angie and Ian and Sarah from our pontoon have been reading it this time. There ought to be some sort of register -I'm fascinated to see who reads it and how often they dip in. I'm just having fun writing it but love to know that someone is mildly interested!

We had a social in the Marina on Saturday and we managed to meet some new people, they are occasional visitors but I hope we see more of them. So Graham and Mandy and Chris and Griff come and see us if you're around and read this.

Next time will have some more exotic photos I hope and will be in about a fortnight. See you then,

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, I read your blog from time to time, thought I'd let you know.
    You can check in your stats to see how many page views you have.
    Your trip up to Wales looks like a lot of fun.
    If you wish to see my blog, I just add my art work, it's www.caricatures123.blogspot.com
    You guys take care,
    Darren, Samantha and Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will resume your entertaining blog in 2013's New Year - your site is bookmarked all ready. Wishing you a Happy Christmas - wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete