Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Tuesday 2 October 2012

2nd Oct.'12

Had a very early night with Beechams Powders and felt a bit better today - John now feels a bit rough so we are both drugged! Luckily the early rain stopped and we started off in sunshine. A cold wind but at least dry.

We have cruised as far as Wheaton Aston where we were going to stop for fuel (it's the cheapest on the system apparently!) and water plus get rid of rubbish and empty the cassette. I had a parcel to post for Rachel's birthday next week so we walked up to the village only to find the PO shut for lunch. One of the problems with the canal is that you lose all sense of time (and day and date) so it hadn't occurred to us to check. We also found the Spar shop for a few necessaries and then the rain started in earnest. We got back soaked so just moved on a bit from the mooring to do all of the above housekeeping chores mentioned. Time had now moved on so I dashed off back up to the village to post the parcel and came back even more soaked than I had been before. I more or less refused to go any further!

We are now moored with the front of the boat JUST over the section where you shouldn't moor to allow room for the water etc. but there are 3 separate water points and there's a long stretch and in any case I felt so awful I just didn't care. If John hadn't agreed to moor here I think I'd have just laid down and wept.

The good part is that Autherley Junction is only about 7 miles down the canal and then we'll be on the Staffs and Worcs which is only 30 miles or so long so in a few days we will be at Haywood Junction and back on the Trent and Mersey. Home is now in sight (sort of) and once again, much as I love being out on the cut - I do look forward to getting back to the marina.

No photos today and unfortunately not enough signal to upload any from previous days! Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment