Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Saturday 27 July 2013

27th July '13

Most unusually I'm writing this while we are on the move. There is a 9 mile stretch with no locks and I'm taking advantage of the fact that I have power and signal - some things that have been lacking over the last couple of evenings. Roll on 1st October when we have the solar panels fitted, miond you once we're back at Mercia we'll be on mains anyway so all will be well.

We have been steaming on, enjoying the sun and even laughing through the rain at one point. We bought a new umbrella holder at the show (one of the very few things we could find) and put it up during a shower, with both of us huddling under it - every so often the wind would blow a gust of rain onto us and we were both laughing fit to burst! If anyone had been watching us they would have doubted our sanity.

I seem to be having problems uploading pictures, so I'll try to add them later. At Leighton Buzzard I spotted a couple of ducklings trapped in a run-off and so John took his trusty net with him and managed to capture them and return them to mum - none of them showed the least bit of gratitude but impressed some ladies walking a dog!

We have come through the Blisworth Tunnel today after a night at Stoke Bruerne, where we visited the Canal Museum after enjoying the company of Jo and Martin through the 7 locks - Jo and I were very much in tune and executed some nifty manoeuvres getting into the locks together!

We are heading towards Braunston, where we hope to meet Rob, Michelle and not so little Halden tomorrow, we shall probably stop near Norton Junction tonight depending on how things go.

As I said I'll add pictures when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment