Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Tuesday 17 July 2012

tues 17th July '12

Weve been home a few days now and settling back into some sort of routine.
I have a PS to add to the whole falling in debacle - John hadn't actually realised I'd fallen in at the time apparently. He'd been talking to me and then turned around to check what was behind us and when he turned around - still chatting to me - wondered where I'd gone! it was only the numbers of observers on the bank that alerted him to something being wrong! Great!


This is the bruise that has come out on my foot where I must have caught the edge of the boat as I went over! Shows how much my knee hurts since I haven't felt this - although I did wonder why I couldn't get comfy in bed!

I went to A&E yesterday and nothing is broken - just badly sprained around the joint so I'm resting it and it's much improved.

Paddy decided to launch himself in the water yesterday - heaven knows why - no duck or anything that I could see to entice him in - anyway it means that today he has a bad tummy and has only just eaten his breakfast (it's teatime) and his tummy has been making monstrous rumbles all day!

John has bought a ladder to fit on the back of the boat and I feel a lot more secure now.

Photos from the last few days of cruising:


this has amused us before as we went past but this time I had a camera - it's south of Stoke and is a sort of boatyard cum whatever you like - an eclectic mix we feel!


Just to prove that the sun DID shine at some point this summer! This is what it's all about......


Flooding on the Trent at Shugborough - we were fascinated by the two colours of the water - it was like this for quite a distance!


Trent in flood just north of Armitage - at Trent Aqueduct. I've taken a picture of this before where you can hardly see any water at all. This is why we knew it was going to be interesting at Alrewas!

I'm going to try to put something on here most weeks to stop regular readers nagging me (Terry) and hope it doesn't get too boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment