Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Friday 26 May 2017

26th May '17

It's been a while but we have had a busy time since we returned from our cruise last summer.
A brief resume......

28th August - John's surprise 70th birthday party.



The party was at the Brewery Museum in Burton and we took the boat up there so that people could come down afterwards for a continuation of the day. A lovely time was had by all, and John's expression when he walked in the room to find about 50 friends and relations there was a picture for everyone to remember!


March 16th
My surprise 65th birthday party that John organised at the ukulele group. I didn't know a thing about it and so John managed a first! I loved it, I'd always hoped to have a surprise party and finally I got one! The only photos I've got are not on the computer apparently, I'll try to put one on of the cake at some point as it was amazing. Made by the same person who made John's, Rebekah Preston, highly recommended, both looked and tasted brilliant.

March
Visiting my cousin Anthony, who I discovered through Ancestry. We went to Salzburg and then he took us into Germany to meet his family at Hershing an Amersee (possibly not the right spelling) but we had a brilliant week.


May
THE wedding of the year. Our daughter Chloe was married to her lovely Sam. It was a wonderful weekend, spoilt only by the fact that her sister Katie was unwell and unable to come. Again photos not yet on the computer, I need to beat John up for this.

May
After the wedding we went over to France to visit John's cousin Jane and her husband Gerry. We were fairly lucky with the weather and had a brilliant time doing pretty much nothing. I shall have to get this blog open on my iPad and then I can add photos. I forgot my camera and John hasn't yet got his photos on the computer (see above).

Right that brings us up to now.
After John had completed all those little 5 minute jobs that had to be done yesterday, he was totally exhausted yesterday so we decided to leave today instead.

It's been an amazing day, the sun has been shining brilliantly all day and we've managed to get to Alrewas, always a favourite place. We are heading towards the Thames and have a week booked in Little Venice in July so we're looking forward to that.


Leaving the Marina behind at an amazingly early (for us) 9,30am.


Spotted the black swan not too far from the marina.


Brilliant sunshine and Wychnor Church on the hill as we go through the river section.


Two damselfly's making use of our pram cover - a bit cheeky of them we thought!

We're going to be checking the weather forecast tonight as thunder storms have been predicted for tomorrow, we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog ....looking forward to following your adventures..love Sue Jordan n/b TRANQUIL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, love writing and it's nice to know someone reads it!

    ReplyDelete