Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Saturday 27 May 2017

Saturday 27th May '17

Its a bit early really for this but we have stopped for the day.

The weather forecast promised showers on one programme then thunderstorms on another so we put the pram cover up just in case. At 7.40 this morning we were woken with rain on the roof, so felt vindicated for our decision.
Then a bit later when we got up it had stopped but as I went to take Paddy out it started again. He was a bit confused as to why we were stood in the cratch and he had his lead on but nothing was happening. I finally popped an anorak on and got him out for a short time so that the business of the morning could be taken care of and by the time we got back (about 5 minutes later to be honest) it was dry again.
After breakfast I headed into the village to get bread and a lettuce. Came home with bread but only iceberg lettuces available so I went without. Nasty tasteless things.
By the time I was back John had pretty much got the boat ready for the off and the sun was shining so off we went. The locks were kind to us and so was the weather until we turned onto the Coventry at Fradley Junction.
To be fair the wind had been getting up once we were out of Alrewas and it had clouded over a bit but suddenly it got really windy and the clouds became darker so since we're not in a hurry and don't like cruising in the rain, we moored up. Just beyond Streethay and before Kings Orchard for those who know where we are. We have pilings to moor on, the rain has arrived and we're sat inside with iPads and the computer and that's where we're staying!


Proud dad with Chloe (no it's not about the cruise but so what?)


Jane and Gerry - Jane will hate me forever for putting this on, but it's the only one I got of her. This was outside the most amazing church that had been carved out of the rock in the hillside.


From yesterday at Burton. Some PROPER native geese. Unfortunately as you can see they had one gosling with them, further on we saw a pair of Canada's  with 21, yes TWENTY ONE goslings. Ours don't stand a chance do they?

I've already cooked our meal for tonight and am hoping it eases up enough for me to get some walking in. I've got 6lb to lose until I reach my target weight and am determined to do it. BUT I'm not going to walk along a wet towpath in the rain for anyone!

I can only say that it looks and sounds horrible out there, hope everyone's having a better day at Crick (its the Boat Show and we have friends there).

No comments:

Post a Comment