Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Tuesday 27th June 'a7

Just a brief catch up tonight because despite being in a mooring with mains electric I managed to forget to charge either my camera or the computer.......ooopppps!

On Saturday Jess and Ju arrived late morning and so we had a good catch up and lunch. Then Jess and I went into town to get some necessary bits and pieces, the men were left with the washing up and then going into the pub.

When we got back us girls had a bottle of champagne nicely chilled while the men continued at the pub. Then after a brief respite for them coming back for an hour or so we went over for a meal. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it. I would recommend the Bel and the Dragon in Reading to anyone.

Surprisingly neither man felt brilliant in the morning! Can't imagine why..... Jess and Ju returned home and I abandoned John to allow him time to get his head back together while I went back into town for the bits that I didn't get yesterday, also just because I could. It's nice to go into town on my own sometimes, plus I was building up my steps. It appears that my Fitbit has died again. This is the third one and I'm not sure whether to replace it or get something different.

On Monday I went down by train to visit my mum. We had a nice couple of hours and then I had a rather long journey back as the connections weren't exactly synchronised! Still I got back and we popped in to have a (much smaller) meal again. Another lovely dinner. That's five different mains we'd had and all were great.

Today we left our mooring. It seemed quite sad since everyone had been so friendly, we've promised to pop in for a night on our way back down to the Thames.

Paddy isn't quite himself. He seems very reluctant to jump up on the seat at the back, and has been struggling to get on the settee, and is finding the run up the back steps much harder. It's as if he's aged years overnight. Completely unconnected, he had a tick today and amazingly I knew that I'd bought a little gadget a while ago to remove them, even more amazingly I knew where it was. It worked beautifully. He didn't even seem to notice and those that know Paddy know how strange this is!

We've got to Sheffield Lock today and stopped just as the rain started. It hasn't stopped since so timing was great, hopefully tomorrow will be better because we need to get closer to Newbury as I'm hoping to get to the Slimming World meeting there on Thursday night and we've got some of the family coming up to see us for lunch there on Saturday.

Once we've seen them we'll turn around and return to the Thames, then have a week getting to Brentford before heading towards Little Venice! Tomorrow as soon as we're underway I shall plug the camera in and hope to get some photos for the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment