Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Saturday 4 July 2015

4th July

Thursday started a bit gloomy and John declared that he wanted to visit the Herschel Museum...not my cup of tea (something to do with space). So I decided to go off for a wander around the shops. John got back before I'd had time to get out as the museum didn't open until the afternoon. However we set off up to the city together and visited Sally Lunns tea shop. We went there last time but I really enjoyed the buns so we went back. Well worth it.
Then I discovered a little fabric shop so John went off to do his thing and I treated myself to a couple of fat quarters and 2 buttons! Not a cheap shop but quite intriguing. After a bit longer I decided I ought to get back and give Paddy an airing, which I did and it had warmed up considerably. Paddy is very reluctant to walk at the moment so I was soon back up to the shops!
Then the heavens opened! I was in a strappy t-shirt and got soaked! I'd sniggered earlier when John took an umbrella but wished I'd got one then!
We both arrived back at the boat at the same time, me like a drowned rat and him all dry and superior!
I met Tracey Clarke and her guide dog Oakley who live on a boat and they were preparing to set off today Saturday, to walk from Bath to Reading, in aid if Guide Dogs for the Blind. Anyone along the path should look out for her and or find her page to donate, as its an amazing feat to attempt.
Friday we moved up to Bathampton and for once I had a really good partner through the locks and everything went smoothly, amazing what a difference it makes.
We managed to moor right outside the pub (again) and Chloe and Sam came for the night. We walked down to the Mill and had an excellent meal, in beautiful surroundings.
There was some rain and thunder just as we went to bed, but it didn't come to anything.
The sun is shining now, and we're just wondering if we'll have any visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment