Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Sunday 5 July 2015

5th July '15

It was so nice yesterday that we eventually decided to walk back to Bath, it only took half an hour to get to the outskirts. We visited the Abbey as we'd never been there before. It was a beautiful light airy space with some lovely stained glass.
Then we decided to lunch and soon found an Indian restaurant that was doing a lunch special. I had an excellent prawn biriyani, one of the best I'd ever had so was very happy.
We walked back again and met Cliff and Chris, moored at the top of Bath, who we'd come up through the locks with, so stopped for a chat. They are planning on going to Bradford on Avon on Monday as well, so we may we'll meet again.
Got back to a very happy Paddy! Shortly after, Tracey with guide dog Oakley went past on the first leg of their journey.
I'd bought the DVD of The Imitation Game and we watched it in the evening, brilliant film, if somewhat sad. I DO like Benedict Cumberbatch.
This morning I woke up and decided I really wanted a roast dinner, so sent John in to book a table when they opened at 12 noon. None to be had before 4pm, so we've had a very late lunch, and I made a pig of myself by having a portion of the sticky toffee roulade for pudding. I'd had it last week with Rachel and Paul, and it was just as good this time. Mmm
While we were waiting, Rose (Sams mum) came to see us. She'd wanted to see the boat and seemed very impressed.
It's been raining intermittently since midday, and the weather looks to be wet tomorrow pm so the plan is for an early night, early start and BoA by lunchtime. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment