Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Thursday 9 July 2015

9th July '15

Yesterday we left Bradford on Avon in a shower of rain! Typical.
It soon dried out and became quite nice later in the day. We stopped for fuel at Hilperton, after passing the infamous 'oil-change' mooring. I took a photo and as soon as I get a laptop I'll put some of them on here, looking forward to it.
We had hoped to moor at Semington, but ...shock horror....there were none to be had. We went on and found a relatively decent spot before Seend. Didn't need the gangplank which was something. Paddy was happy because he was able to have a run without his lead.
I tweaked my back somehow during the evening, don't know what I did, and it wasn't too bad, just meant that I went to bed a bit uncomfy.
Woke up much improved, although somehow our bedroom door had shut itself and so the room was still quite dark, when we both surfaced and checked the clock it was 10.00am! We still got away well before 11, and partnered up with another couple who we went through all the locks and bridges with. They were on a share boat and were hoping to moor at Sells Green. No moorings so they ended up going into Caen Hill marina, their home base, and we'd more or less decided to get through the Foxhangers locks and hope for a mooring before the main Caen flight. When, lo and behold, there was a 48 hour mooring....empty!
So here we are, moored nicely at the bottom of the locks with plans for getting up early (no sniggers please) and going up the flight before it gets too busy.
We've walked up right to the pub before the top couple of locks, which was interesting for me as I'm usually on the boat. I have to admit that as well as a beer in the pub, I succumbed to an ice cream half way up, but they are SO good that it had to be done.
So tomorrow we'll be in Devises again, hopefully early enough to get a mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment