Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Wednesday 19th July '17

Happy Birthday Tom!
Just a quick update on our stay at Little Venice so far.
No pictures as my phone doesn't want to talk to the computer today and I haven't taken my camera out.
Sunday - arrived and found that we couldn't get a pump-out token until the next day so we topped the water up and got into our mooring. Very happy to be here, it's in a lovely situation and we had a quick reconnoitre around the basin. John had discovered a ghost walk that evening and we found John and Pam moored at the end of the basin so told them about it. We all went and had a good wander around the City of London. In case you didn't know everything shuts there in the evening by 7.00pm at least on a Sunday. We actually looked at some of the pub opening hours and many only opened at lunchtimes. Thousands might work there but very few live in the mile.

Monday - we went to Leicester Square to see what shows were available using the bus to see where it would take us, and booked for 42nd Street that evening. We had a good look around and went to Zizzi's for lunch on the Strand. We wandered along the South Bank to check to see if there was any chance of a seat at the Globe but there wasn't so we came back, had a quick tea, walked Paddy and went back into town for the show. It was brilliant, we'd both highly recommend it. The costumes and production were exceptional. We got home totally exhausted and ready for bed.

Tuesday - we thought we'd have a quieter day so walked along the canal with Paddy to Camden Lock. It actually took us over an hour to get there and it was baking hot. We tried to stay in the shade as much as possible and we were glad to get back. We had a late lunch and I decided to return to Oxford Street for a look around the shops, John came along as well but he took himself off to the National Portrait Gallery instead. I managed to buy John some new sandals but didn't get what I'd wanted for myself. We had a quiet night with a couple of DVD's (good old Big Bang Theory).

There was a big thunder storm that night so I ended up spending quite a bit of it up with Paddy as he was really unhappy.

Wednesday - we went off on the bus again, me back to try again and John to take his camera to the places we went on the ghost walk so he could get some pictures. He took a few then his camera went flat - we're not doing well for pictures are we? I however managed to get myself some tops in the M&S sale and some Sketchers sandals, so that was a success. We popped around to the station to see the Paddington Bear shop and get some bits for the little ones.
Tonight we're off to see American in Paris. Really looking forward to it as the guys on the boat alongside us went the other night and said it was fabulous, far better than they'd expected.

That's pretty much it for now, I've walked over 20,000 steps each day we've been here so far and tomorrow I go to Slimming World before visiting my mum, so if I haven't lost weight I shall be very unhappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment