Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Friday 4 August 2017

Friday 4th August '17

The sun shone! Still quite windy but nothing like as bad as it has been.

We got off well and I went below to iron a dress for wearing to lunch while the engine was running and to sort out the boat in anticipation of a visit from the lads! All my craft stuff and various bits and pieces get moved to the bedroom where Paddy is put, to make room for visitors. When I say all my craft stuff, I obviously only mean the stuff that I'm using at the moment, not everything that is kept in the bow ready for me to get home and start sewing again!

While I was down being busy the boat suddenly came to a shuddering halt and I could hear John calling to someone, whilst reversing. I assumed that he had met someone coming under a bridge and was moving over for them, when I realised that I heard the words 'malt' 'running out of some bottles' and 'do you have any on board' and I realised that this was more to do with his Whiskey Profile kit than anything else. I stopped what I was doing and grabbed the kit from the cupboard and took it to the stern. John had found Barry on the brew boat! We pulled over and came alongside while Barry went to find the supplies that John needed and I held the boats together in the middle.


Leaving Barry with enough supplies to keep us in Laphroaig for a while! Just need more vodka now!

The internet connection here is really poor and slow, so I'll put more pictures of the boys and our day with them tomorrow. That's real shame as I had some nice ones but it took so long to post that picture that I'd be here all night. Suffice it to say that we had a lovely time and hope to see them again in a couple of weeks when we're a bit nearer. We're moored at the Three Locks at Soulbury by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment