Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Monday 11 July 2016

11th July '16

We've had a lazy day and stayed here today. The weather has been variable to say the least, at times really hot and sunny and then rain the next minute. We're not in a hurry at the moment and it's nice here so we decided to stay.

I remember my last comments yesterday were about another boat mooring behind us. Well after I'd shut down the computer and turned the internet off, I could still hear shouts from behind, so I had a quick peep and they were right across the canal with someone holding onto the rope on land, and a lot of 'communication' going on. If it had been a decent mooring we'd have gone and given them a hand, but since they were trying to get into the reeds, I sort of ignored them. A few minutes later it all went quiet and John looked out and there was no-one there. This meant that Paddy could continue to run around outside.


This is the salt marsh that we are moored next to, just along from us.


The view in front of us, including one of the few boats heading our way, in one of the respites from the rain.


...and the view to the back.


Yesterday afternoon, John had started to polish the side of the boat and today he got out in one of the nicer parts and finished it off. Even on the photo you can see the difference. Now we need a mooring on the other side of the canal so he can finish the other side that he started a couple of days ago!


Paddy checking to see what I was up to outside and wondering if a walk was on the timetable!

I've been busy getting on with some knitting and crocheting and thoroughly enjoying it. Feeling very motivated.

Tomorrow we are heading to Stone and are going to meet friends Helen and Brian to have a meal out with them. We can also get some more polish for John, now that he's in the mood, also some more wine and beer since he needs some reward for the polishing! I'm into Pimms at the moment, while the lemonade stays fizzy, maybe I'll treat myself to some more. I'm just a fool with my money!

The smells in the boat are fantastic at the moment, I've started a bolognese and the mixture of garlic, herbs and vegetables are amazing. I must go and add the meat and then put it in the thermal cooker so it's perfect for teatime. Tummy's rumbling and it's hours to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment