Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Monday 18 July 2016

18th July '16

Well we are moored outside the Cheshire Cat at the top of the locks leading down to Chester. We have decided not to go further this journey as either a. it stays hot and John doesn't fancy the locks in the heat or b. it starts raining and John doesn't fancy the locks in the wet. General feeling is that if we come up either spring or autumn another time we'll go the whole way to Ellesmere Port, but not this time.

We're planning on catching a bus into Chester tomorrow to have a wander around and get some bits and pieces, including some sun cream and after sun. Let us say that I hadn't appreciated quite how hot it was yesterday and I'm suffering somewhat from it today. Once we'd come down the locks I came below and did some crochet in the relative cool of the boat rather than have the sun shining on my back despite a t-shirt and John's sun cream.

We went into the pub and had a lovely lunch and have just returned from a good evening meal, so no food preparation at all for me today, a really lazy day.

The internet connection is even worse tonight, I can't even get the pictures up to choose so I'll have to do a photo blog once we're back with a better line.

We'll be here tomorrow evening so I probably won't try to post anything until Wednesday. In the meantime Tom Harman, if you should be reading this had a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment