Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Thursday 7 July 2016

7th July '16

After an 'early' 9.30 start to the morning, we finally got away at 12.30. Time taken to get the chimney off, take the ariel down and all those other bits and pieces that John hadn't done and I didn't mention as I knew he'd see it as 'nagging' as it was I just felt smug!
Then we needed to have a pump out, fill up with diesel, empty the Elson and get a full gas canister. Amazing how long it all takes.
The weather stayed dry although the sky looked threatening for most of the day.
I've got a new camera and have taken loads of pictures and now find that I've left the connector for the computer in my old camera case, which is in the car. (Insert naughty words here, whatever you think appropriate) this means that I'm not going to be able to post any pictures unless I take them with my iPad. Good planning Nancy!
We are now moored at Branston water park and had taken Paddy around it for a walk. John also has a new camera and he was hoping to take some word photos. There were a lot of greylag geese which was nice to see as we have none on the Marina due to the huge numbers of horrible Canada geese, that just see off all the locals.
Going along to the park we happened to go past the Bridge restaurant and they had a sign saying fresh steak and fish every day. So the planned meal is going to be postponed until tomorrow and we will have a shower and make our way back to it, once the Archers are over! We've not been in there for years, certainly since its been an Italian and not since we've had our own boat, so I'm looking forward to it.
Let's hope tomorrow stays dry, as we have Fradley to get through ( and if Norwyn is reading this, I will do my best not to fall in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment