Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Friday 22 July 2016

22nd July '16

Another hot day, but with a pleasant breeze on occasion,

We moved our mooring in Nantwich up to near the aqueduct where there's a path down into town, It's a much nicer mooring and we're staying here until the morning,

Paddy is back to being a proper boat dog and as soon as we've finished breakfast he's raring to go, waiting at the back for us to open the doors and get ready, The poor little thing was totally under-impressed when we moved a few hundred yards up the canal and moored again, He was even more put out when we left him to go into town.

If you haven't been to Nantwich, then I would sincerely suggest you visit when you can, It's a lovely little town which still has many local independent shops and lots of little alleys to explore. There are also lots of beautiful buildings, many of them timbered, but also a lot of attractive Georgian buildings especially on the walk into town.


Just one example, The whole town is getting ready for the Nantwich festival, There's a big show here next week and it all looks very exciting,

We went into town as I said and looked around the outside of the church which had holes in some of the walls where spies were shot during the civil war, Judging by the size of the musket holes I can't imagine there was much left of the poor devils! We couldn't get to see the inside as there was a big funeral on so we left them to it,

We had a look around the museum, which had some interesting exhibits dating from Roman times showing that the production of salt in the area was a thriving business even then,

We had lunch in the Crown which was one of the buildings looking like the one above and I have to say I had an excellent burger, Luckily they had small bottles of Prosecco so I was able to have a couple of those as well.

We had a bit of a walk around the rest of the town and then came back to the boat to be welcomed by a little dog who thought that we were NOW at last going to be off, Poor little chap is very disappointed in us today,


This is the aqueduct from the road and we are moored a bit behind the tree that you can see next to the traffic light so it was very handy! We'd done this before and knew what to do,


This was the sunset tonight from the hatch. Hopefully that means it will be a nice day tomorrow. We live in hope. The internet is pretty slow but I'm persevering because we are hoping to moor at the bottom of the Audlem locks tomorrow and I've a feeling that the reception there is going to be non-existent, I may be wrong and then I'll be able to blog but just in case, I'm sorry.

Before I finish I have to add one last photo. It's very rare to get John smiling but yesterday I got  him while I was inside (it was raining a bit) and this was the outcome,


Just had a brief (10 second) shower of rain. What will tomorrow bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment