Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Sunday 12 May 2013

12th May '13

After all the days work yesterday and two lovely evenings with friends in a row, we are enjoying doing nothing today.
We have moved along to Hilmorton (about half a mile) and walked up to get the oil and filter for John to do an oil change tomorrow, then on Tuesday morning we head off a couple of miles to Bradford on Avon where we are meeting Jan and Rog. What a social life we are suddenly getting!

My connection isn't brilliant here but I'll do what I can with pictures.

Devises is full of amazing and interesting buildings dating back to the 15th century, so I forget to take my camera and only remember my phone after we'd seen everything else. However I'm sure some of you will be interested in the Wadworth's brewery! They still used the horses and drays to deliver to pubs in the town, unfortunately not on the day we were there!


Valerie and Graham helping us out on the locks. If any of you are lucky enough to be offered a slice of Valerie's Lemon Drizzle cake, savour it! Rachel and gang were VERY impressed, and I admitted it wasn't mine!


All of the locks are named after people or associations or groups who helped with the restoration of the locks. I think it's a lovely idea. I'd like a lock named after me - but a nice narrow gauge one that has perfectly balanced gates and no leaks!


View from the top of the hill! Quite impressive - coming up to it it feels as if you're going to drop off the end of the earth! The weather deteriorated from this point....


Looking back up the flight - it doesn't look that impressive here but believe me it is.


Steve who had never worked a lock before became quite a professional by the end of the day!

 
It's no wonder that some lock gates are hard to open properly - all the rubbish that gets caught behind them.
 
I probably won't post anything tomorrow as we won't be doing a lot, but will get back when there's something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment