Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 10 June 2015

10th June continued.

For some reason it all went square shaped and I couldn't delete the last sentence or two so please ignore the second Barby bit that went in the wrong place!
8th June. We got as far as Cropready and decided to go out for a meal to celebrate a week on the cut! Went to the Brasenose and had a superb meal and met a lovely couple of boaters, Peter and Sue, who we chatted with across our tables! They were going up and we're going down so we we're not likely to see them again this trip, but a lovely couple on nb Blue Jacket.
9th June. Weather turned really cold today and we were bundled up again after being in shorts and strappy t-shirts ( well me not John) for days. We stopped at Banbury( one of my favourite places) as I needed to get some fabric to line a bag I'm making. I've got into patchwork since I was last on here in a big way. We headed off for a few more miles and moored above Kings Sutton lock where Paddy could have a good run. Lovely little lock cottage there for sale.....nearly half a million! Who has all this money? It was so cold during the evening that we put the heating on.....its June for goodness sake!
10th. June, today. Weather started cold but improved although there was a nasty wind, matched with some awkward lock angles and some very shallow patches, made for an interesting day. We're moored just below Pigeons Lock. The towpath is terrible on the Oxford, in places it's completely overgrown and along from here most of it seems to have fallen in the canal! No wonder it's so shallow!

I don't seem to be able to access my photos, so I'll have to look into that but at least I can satisfy my need to record our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment