Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Thursday 18 June 2015

18th June '15

More problems with the iPad. My Google has gone wrong so I'm doing this through Safari, just hope it works.
We had a quick day today and left our slightly naughty mooring and have got to Newbury. In fact we were in time for lunch. We actually had 2 locks with another boat with 3 New Zealanders. Michael and John really bonded and we've exchanged details. If we could ever get out to New Zealand at least we have someone who has offered to show us Lord of the Rings places. Oh I wish! They are on a scheme where they come over and have someone's boat whilst the owners are over there using their motor home. John was very excited about this but they do it for 6 months and we've got Paddy so now we've got a disappointed John :-(.
We went to Tesco and got a huge shop....we seemed to forget that we didn't have a car outside and ended up with my shopping trolley packed to overflowing, two light bags that I had on my shoulders, two heavy bags that John carried and a wine carrier that I carried (somehow). At least we won't be hungry for a while.
I wanted to go into town mainly to get John a bottle of malt for Fathers Day (from Paddy), then he said he'd come with me....argh! Luckily he decided to have a pint and I was able to dash off and do the biz.
It's been very hot today, and we are definitely changing colour, but the forecast is getting worse so we shall see.
The last bit of the river will be over tomorrow which will be nice, the anchor can go away for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment