Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Sunday 14 June 2015

14th June '15

I'm getting to hate this iPad! I just can't get the blog to work. Despite my best efforts I can't add photos and now it's lost 20 minutes of post and I'm starting again.....grrrrrrr.
We spent 3 days at Oxford. Arriving and mooring one boat away from Free Spirit, I got us a very late lunch, hung all my washing out (bliss) and then went into town on my own and had a good mooch around, buying some new t shirts in the bargain. That evening we went out with Allison and Dave, to the same pub we went to 2 years ago. Excellent food, company and conversation! On the way home, john and Dave spotted a rat near some bins, John exclaimed "a rat!" And a bloke going past said, "yes it was". Said chap was Will Gompertz! How's about that?
Friday we just hung around, doing very little. Saturday we were going to head out, but the weather was so horrible we stayed put.
Today after a bleak start the weather brightened up considerably. The Thames is as lovely as ever. I remembered how worried I was last time and compared it to the excitement I felt this time.
I'd forgotten how much faster you travel on the river, and we made good time, coupled with having staff at all the locks, makes it all so lovely. We've even seen a lot of 'proper' geese. Still way too many Canada's, I feel real violence towards them, but it's nice to see native ones hanging in there.
We are moored above Days Lock and Paddy thinks he's died and gone to heaven. He was able to run around with no lead in long grass. At one point he ran through the boat, up the back and around to do it again! Just like a child! He's shattered now!
The weather clouded over again, but no rain is forecast. We hope to be at Reading tomorrow. The final cherry on the cake was hearing a cuckoo after we moored! The last time I heard one was on the Kennett and Avon 2 years ago, must be just up country they're not around any more.
Sorry about lack of pictures, any advise would be very welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't get on with the Ipad for blogging and like the laptop using Livewriter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a laptop is on my shopping list next time I have any money! Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I think a laptop is on my shopping list next time I have any money! Thanks.

      Delete