Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 24 June 2015

24th June '15

We got down the Devises,Caen and Foxhanger locks today. 29locks in 5.25hrs. We travelled with 2 older gentlemen in a hire boat, I shall say no more.
The sun was out and the boat handled OK.
Moored now at Sells Green. Well I say moored, more like abandoned towards the edge of the canal with a gangplank. At least we can see the towpath, which is very nice, which is more than I can say for a couple of places we've moored.
As we pulled up, a small cat strolled up and jumped on the bow. Paddy at the back was going crazy, but the cat sniffed around and then jumped off again, completely unconcerned. I got Paddy down into the boat and before I could stop him he charged through and leapt off the front, straight into the canal! I got him out, dried him off and all was well. At least it gave his new Doggy Bag a good test, and it worked beautifully! It wasn't cheap but was worth it.
John is happy as there's a fisherman behind us and he and John have been chatting non stop since we arrived. Not a lot of fish caught I fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment