Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Tuesday 16 June 2015

16th June '15

Short day today, we got to Sheffield Lock and moored. First reason that either the boat or I lost the power to steer. Bow thruster didn't want to know and I ended up in the hedge....twice! Thought there was something around the prop.....there wasn't. John checked the bow thruster and after initially not working it then did, so all is well....apart from no one checking me. Hopefully I'll have found my steering skills by tomorrow. Another reason for stopping was that John took a blood pressure tablet this morning, and he really shouldn't have. Hot weather and working the locks bought it down to a level that made him light headed. He's ok now.
Yesterday I think I forgot to mention the abundance of red kites we saw, they were everywhere, right up until I get my camera out, then magically they disappear! Also, apparently, the geese were Egyptian and not hooter, I had a photo thrust at me to prove I was wrong. Oh well.
The locks have all been for us today but we've been on our own, since mooring about 5 boats have gone past and none towards us, so I suspect tomorrow might be different. One of the boats was a wide beam, announcing itself to be the Cinema Boat. It looked amazing and we hope to catch up with it for a show at some point. We need to check their itinerary on line.
The Navigation is a lot easier than last time, when we had extremely high water pouring towards us, we did the trip today in 30minutes less than then for exactly the same distance last time.
Off to cook a fish pie now!
Oh and incidentally there were 3 Mandarin ducks here when we arrived, a mum and two youngsters, that's about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment