Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony
Moored at Huntingdon

Wednesday 24 June 2015

23rd June '15

Set off for Devises bright and early after filling up water, chugging along our merry way and we come to the first swing bridge. Normal routine, I jump off, pull boat in, John opens gate, I cruise through, John shuts gate, I pick him up. All went well until the last bit when I caught a rock or something on the prop! Couldn't go backwards, boat making horrible noises, I yelled to John who jumped back on ( thanks to the walker who secured the bridge).
Boat then making horrible noises as we're going forward. I ring RCR and we arrange to meet further along the canal.
The good news was that we managed to get to the Bridge Inn, and there were moorings! James turned up and managed to straighten out one of the blades, but couldn't get to the other, and our prop won't come out unless the boats out of the water. He was concerned the our engine mountings are insufficient and showed us the vibration. He reckons this caused the problems we had last year with some valve or another ( I'm not really that technical) does stern gland sound right?

No comments:

Post a Comment